(877) 858-0220 is number shown as contact for "FMS Inc., PO Box 707600, Tulsa, OK 74170-7600", with alleged letterhead member logo for "ACA International, Association of Credit and Collection Professionals". They didn't call but sent collection letter claiming debt for "returned item" (check #757525) to Wal-Mart #1237 in the amount of $1,257.56 plus fee amount of $25.00 for total allegedly owed of $1,282.56.

Numerous clues this is scam: (1) I don't write checks; (2) last check I wrote was 10 years ago, and it wasn't to Wal-Mart; (3) I've never in my life issued check to Wal-Mart; (4) the few checks I've written over the past 30 years all have 4-digit check numbers, not 6 digits; (5) I've never shopped at a Wal-Mart spending more than $400 in a single trip; (6) Wal-Mart #1237 is in Erwin, North Carolina (I'm in Virginia) and I've never stepped foot in the Erwin, N.C.

Wal-Mart or even in Erwin, N.C.. This is one of the most sophisticated scams I've ever seen.

Review about: Fms Incorporated Debt Collection.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I got the same call about a returned check from Wal-mart. Lol. I don't do checks ever!Don't get scammed!

Quincy, Massachusetts, United States #1333785

Glad you didn't fall for this scam! Many people do, unfortunately.